Production Helper / Delivery Driver
Sorry, this job has expired.
$12.50 – $14.00
Derby City Litho is now seeking Production Helper/Delivery Driver
We offer full benefits:
We pay full premium for Short and Long Term Disability as well as for access to an Employee Assistance Program. We offer Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Critical Illness, Accident, Legal/ID Shield, and more.
This position has three different functions within the production department: Press Helper, Bindery Helper and Delivery Driver. Where work will be performed each day will be based on production needs and directed by the Production Supervisor. Specific responsibilities include assisting with multi-color offset press operations, assisting
bindery personnel with Folder, Cutter, Stitcher and hand bindery operations, and making deliveries as needed.
• High school diploma or GED.
• We prefer Vocational training.
• Valid driver’s license
• Ability to read a map and follow directions.
1. Reviews and interprets instructions from job jacket and time sheets.
2. Loads and unloads paper as needed for efficient operation of multicolor offset press.
3. Checks and maintains ink volume in ink wells. Cleans ink wells, including dipping the ink and/or replacing, and washing the well.
4. Assists with paper feeding issues as directed by Press Operator.
5. Performs routine press maintenance as directed by Press Operator or Production Supervisor. Records maintenance into log book.
6. Assures ink inventory is at minimal usage. Adds needed inks to list in production office. Assists with quarterly ink inventory.
7. Mixes fountain solution to specifications and fills chillers as needed.
8. Performs process related to troubleshooting and correction of production.
1. Assists with folder, cutter, stitcher, and or hand bindery operations to include:
a. Catching on folder.
b. Loading or catching on stitcher
c. Catching, sorting, packaging, etc. from the cutter
d. Hand Bindery functions: drill, punches, plastic binder, gbc
2. Performs collating operations – hand gather single sheet or signature, load and maintain supply of sheet or signature.
1. Delivers customer orders as scheduled by Shipping/Receiving Supervisor while checking delivery tickets to ensure accuracy of deliveries.
2. Drives and ensures safe operation of the vehicle. Notifies General Maintenance/Delivery Specialist when maintenance is needed. Ensures truck is clean and locked each night. Responsible for use and security of company gas card.
3. Picks up proofs, negatives and other items for new orders as requested.
4. Completes necessary paperwork for each delivery and turns in daily.
5. Follows safety procedures. Pre-trip truck daily to help ensure safety and to help maintain vehicles.
1. Maintains non-inventory items (gloves, hand soap, etc.) by adding needed items to the list for the Production Supervisor to order.
2. Maintains clean and safe work environment.
3. Follows appropriate safety procedures when disposing of chemicals and other materials.
4. Maintains accurate data collection.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Capable of fine finger movements for adjusting equipment.
• Ability to reach over machine for operation and maintenance.
• Able to bend or squat.
Please attach your resume and click "Apply now" to apply by email or call for more information. See apply buttons.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer